Monday, September 24, 2012

Today in class we did various things. First, we did the test on what we learned so far during the school year. I felt that I did well on the test because I prepared for it and studied. After everyone finished their test we watched this movie called "God Grew Tired of Us". The movie takes place in Sudan and it's during the civil war there. The boys were forced to leave because they would get killed at any age. 27,000 boys left, by the time they made it to Kenya there was only twelve thousand of them when they made it to Kenya. After ten years the United States decided to take some of the boys to the states. They are very excited about starting a new life. They never used electricity or didn't even know what an apartment was. This just made me think how thankful I should be and I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment